Bucks County Long Term Care Consortium General Meeting
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Pine Run Community
Welcome – Rose Rorvik, Vice President, called the meeting to order at 9:15 a.m. and welcomed everyone to the October general meeting.
I. Host Introduction – Annie Cantymagli, NHA, Health Center at Pine Run Community
II. Speaker – Najja Orr, Director, Bucks County Area Agency on Aging
a. In 2010 Bucks County was the 4th most populated county in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and 4th for residents age 62 and over.
b. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) increased by 25% between 2006-2009.
c. 52 Area Agencies on Aging in Pennsylvania
d. 28,000 residents statewide are utilizing the Aging Waiver Program
Speaker – Dave Shallcross, Senior Community Liaison, Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.
a. A free presentation titled “Senior Crime Prevention University” is available to organizations.
b. Website is www.attorneygeneral.gov
c. Dave introduced Joe White from the Bucks County Sheriff’s Office. The office is accepting donated cell phones and offering them to senior residents. You can also give donations to any Sheriff Deputy. For additional information, please contact Sergeant Joe White, program administrator, at 215-348-6288 or email@example.com.
III. Committee Reports
- Personal Care Committee: Kathie Fox – Met last Friday at Arden Courts in Yardley. Discussed quality initiatives and INTERACT for Personal Care Homes. Next meeting will be in January at the Christ Home in Warminster.
- Education Committee: Lorraine Garcia-Gordon – Meeting monthly. Last meeting October 9th at Pine Run Community. Contact Pharmacy Services meeting on November 13, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
- Upper/Central Bucks: Diane Orzechowski– Last meeting was in May. Discussed transfer agreements. Next meeting scheduled for August 9th at 9:00. Meeting will be held at St. Luke’s Hospital with Najja Orr, Director, Bucks County Area Agency on Aging as the speaker.
- Membership Committee: Christine Stone – not in attendance
- Home and Community Services: Erin Williams – Last meeting on May 21st at Seniors Helping Seniors. Speakers included Vicki Hoak from the Pennsylvania Homecare Association and Cathy Warshaw, Executive Director, Innovations Homecare.
- Activity Professionals Committee: Beverly Gowton – not in attendance.
- Treasurer’s Report – There is currently $15,511.14 in our account. A special account currently has $1,583.50. Fee for administrative assistant was $247.60.
IV. Open Forum – Fifteen minutes for BCLTCC questions, comments and suggestions
V. A motion to approve the minutes from the July 25, 2013 general meeting was seconded and approved.
VI. Next general meeting will be Thursday, January 23, 2014 at Neshaminy Manor
VII. Meeting adjourned – 11:00 a.m.