Bucks County Long Term Care Consortium
Home and Community Based Services Sub-Committee
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Meeting opened at 2:45 pm in Great Room of The Manor at Yorktown IL Community.
Melanie Steltz – Bayada Hospice; Christina Price- Bayada Senior Living; Amy Cherrin- Kindred Hospice; Brian Fitzpatrick- Brightstar; Bruce Gold- RenaissanceHealth Network, Maria Parsons- Southeastern Home Health; Rose Rorvik- Renaissance Health Network; Doug Blackenship – Towne Monitoring; Chris Campbell- Right at Home; William Perschon- Right at Home; Maureen Anderson- Gummer Elder Law; Nick Bonar- Fox Rehabilitation; Barbara Marte- 2 Be Enterprises; Carrie Burger – Bayada Home Health; Jennifer Guglielmi- At Home Rehab; Beth Hohberger-McCarty- Compassus Hospice; Mandy Delp- Home Helpers; Gary Kozick- Geriatric Care Management.
- Introduction and Welcome of new members as well as facilitator.
- Review of structure / format of meetings and how often held; agreed to meet quarterly in varied locations throughout Central and Lower Bucks.
- Reiterated purpose and intent of Sub-Committee; asked that self-promotion and personal interest be checked upon arrival and goal is to strive for industry best practices and common benefit of persons and population served.
- Introduced Speaker: Gary Kozick, LCSW. // Trends in Aging Populations and Services (email@example.com OR www.garykozick.com #215-510-8901 cell)
- Open Forum Round Table Discussion – Topics of interest for future meetings
- B. Fitzpatrick suggested Survey Monkey for anonymity
- M. Anderson suggested Protective Services Review with hyper-focus on financial exploitation
- J. Guglielmi inquired about physician representation and influence this group may have on education to physician(s)
- C. Price suggested senior driving safety
- M. Delp suggested pharmacy and medication reconciliation
- M. Parsons suggested ACO and bundle payment
- M. Steltz suggested inviting Case Management / Discharge planners from hospitals and SNFs
- B. Hohberger-McCarty suggested Veterans Benefits Specialist
- Announcements and Updates
- Request for co-chairperson to facilitate this group if M. Delp unavailable; B. Fitzpatrick volunteered himself. Seconded by group.
- General Meeting of BCLTCC Tuesday April 26, 2016 at Attleboro Community.
- Subsequent Sub-Committee Meeting June 23, 2016 at the Bridges at Warwick.
- Time of 2:30 – 4 pm voted upon and approved.
- Maintain open forum structure and roundtable discussions.
- Conclusion of meeting and opportunity to exchange business cards.
Respectfully Submitted April 3, 2016
Mandy L. Delp